You can set up the iButtons right at your PC if you use a Blue Dot iButton Receptor. Here’s how:
- Make sure the iButton Receptor is plugged into your PC and its drivers are installed. The drivers are on the TimePilot software CD, or they can be downloaded from the TimePilot web site.
- CD: Place the CD in your CD drive, click "Install TimePilot Software," then "TimePilot Installation Menu," then "Blue Dot Receptor." You may need to choose the version to install, depending upon whether you're using a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows. Not sure? Click here to find out.
- Download: Click here to download the TimePilot IV Blue Dot Receptor Driver. You may need to choose the version to install, depending upon whether you're using a 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows. Not sure? Click here to find out.
- Start the TimePilot IV software and add or edit an employee profile in TimePilot Central (Setup > Profile Setup).
- On the right side of the Employee Profile screen, you’ll see a button labeled “Get iButton Number.” (See screenshot at right.) Click the button.
- Tap the employee’s iButton to either of the probes on the iButton Receptor. The Receptor will read the serial number and display it.
- Choose the color of the keyfob.
- Click OK to return to the Profile screen.
- You have two choices. You can:
- Allow this employee to clock in with an ID number OR an iButton. To do this, make sure there’s a check in the “Enable User ID Number” box in the employee’s profile.
- Require this employee to clock in with an iButton. To do this, clear the checkbox next to “Enable User ID Number” in the employee’s profile.
- If you’re done, click Save.
- Repeat the process to add additional employee iButtons, if necessary. When you're done adding iButtons, distribute the iButtons to your employees.
Now you need to transfer the information to your Vetro clocks.
- If you’re using Vetro in Standalone Mode (not connected to your computer network), you’ll use your USB drive to transfer the changes. Click the Setup menu, then “Transfer Changes to Vetro Clocks” and follow the instructions.
- If you’re using Vetro in Network Mode (connected to your network), run Vetro Data Manager to transfer the changes automatically.
Want to purchase a Blue Dot iButton Receptor? There're right here.